Living Arts

Living Arts -- created for everyone from novice to expert -- serves as a forum for the exploration of creative arts therapies. It examines all aspects of the therapies: different types of therapies, their basic definitions, objectives, techniques, results, their place in today's society and the stories of people involved with them.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

You don’t have to take my word for it … (Part I)

So, my last entry was a bit of a damper. I really focused on the lack of quantitative research in arts therapies, but I’d really like to stress that the qualitative information that does exist is extraordinary insightful. Not only does it provide a look into why different therapy methods work (what results they produce), each study is like a living testimony of the power of arts therapies.

I’d like to share some of this information – stories about the value of art therapies from people who are involved in them firsthand – with you. It will come from three perspectives: nationally published articles, my conversations with participants in my own creative movement class and my colleagues in the creative movement class.

I’m going to break these reflections up over the next few posts so that the length isn’t too overwhelming! Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home